Monthly all school masses will be offered. Additional invitational masses will be offered throughout the year dependent upon availability of priests. Parents and friends of the school are always welcome to attend school liturgies. During the first week of school, all students will participate in a community day which is culminated with the first all school mass.
Community DayThe community day is usually held during the first week of school. Each class will focus on a specific component of building the community of the school as follows:
- Freshmen - Building Community
- Freshmen will do a challenge course with the entire class or a similar activity where freshmen build trust and begin working collaboratively as a class.
- Sophomores - Service
- Sophomores will do a service activity as a class in the community - maybe a local environmental or similar project.
- Juniors - Pope John Paul II - Teachings and Charism
- Juniors stay on site to design and create a mural that highlights some aspect of John Paul II's life and teachings that the school will use as a theme for the school year. Juniors will also plan the Mass for the end of the day.
- Seniors - Leadership
- Seniors will also stay on site. Senior teachers and the administration will work directly with the senior class. During the morning session local leaders will offer talks on leadership which will be followed by leadership training. During the afternoon they will set goals for their class and the school for the year which they will translate into a plan of action.